She's Here!

She's Here!
Elizabeth Blake 5lbs 14oz. 9-14-12

Friday, July 13, 2012

Hello 3rd Trimester!

     *I am doing multiple posts tonight since I am so terribly behind! It's been a busy summer! The next three posts are new!*

  Just 7 months ago, Carson and I found our we were going to be parents! It's hard to believe we're already knocking on the third trimester's door. We've had an eventful summer that has been stressful at times, but will be worth every ounce once our little girl arrives.
       I debated on announcing her name until her arrival, but in all honesty, I simply slipped on Facebook one day. Carson and I have been debating numerous names since May and finally decided on a simple, traditional name. Elizabeth Blake. Elizabeth is a family name, (my great-great-grandmother-Elizabeth Lee Eddlemon) and Blake is my middle name. We were calling her "Izzy Girl," for fun, but really liked the sound of it. Ultimately, it will be her choice and she will learn her name as Elizabeth, but I call her by her nickname. We'll see if it sticks!
       This month, I have had to really take a break and learn how to "rest." Normally, in the summer, I do this resting thing quite well, but being restricted to only light walking and no lifting (not even 5lbs.) it's been tough. The doctor actually said the words, "No house cleaning!" Wahoo...wait...My house needs some TLC. If I stick with doctor's orders, stay hydrated and keep my feet up, our Izzy girl and I will be just fine in our final 11 weeks.
         We did finally begin to register for our sweet angel and let me tell ya...that was an interesting/exhausting process. Babies need more than I ever imagined and then of course, there are so many precious outfits. Thank the Lord for my sister Kacey...she helped me maneuver the various aisles of bottles, burp rags and diapers. Our only roadblock is the change in seasons...Izzy will be here in the Fall and most of the stores are still stocked with summer clothes. As cute as they are, she won't be able to wear the current outfits until next spring. Regardless, I have a feeling between her two grandmothers, three aunts and Mommy, she will have a full wardrobe! :-)
*My friend Marianne McDonald took my first pre-belly pic. I was excited and bought maternity jeans a little too early!
                                                                  Here is my pre-baby profile.
Me now...I'm actually starting Week 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment