She's Here!

She's Here!
Elizabeth Blake 5lbs 14oz. 9-14-12

Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day of School/Bed Rest :-(

My first day of school didn't go exactly how I had planned. I arrived early this morning to set up for our kiddos, but decided to have our school nurse check my blood pressure before school started... I had been battling a headache all weekend, as well as high blood pressure and wanted to make sure all was okay.
It was in fact high, (167/110) so high, they sent me to my doctor who sent me to the hospital. Carson and I waited in labor and delivery hooked up to monitors while numerous tests were performed to check on our baby girl. Good news, Elizabeth is doing well. Mommy is the one who needs to take it easy. I have been put on home bed rest until we deliver, which means, no school and no activity. I didn't even get to meet my students today. :-(
 I am looking on the bright side and know this is all for the best. I will do anything to protect my little girl. I want to make sure she is strong and healthy when she enters this world!

 I have to check my blood pressure from home and will check in with my doctor frequently- watching for other symptoms. I know it will all be okay and there is no use getting stressed or upset, especially since I am trying to keep stress from happening. I am leaving my classes with my dear friend and co-teacher Marianne! I feel terrible that I am missing out, especially these first few weeks, but she is an amazing teacher and will do a wonderful job! We worked hard to plan for this school year, but I can rest easy that it's all in good hands.
Most importantly, I just need our  little girl to stay put for a few more weeks...we need those lungs strong! I will keep updates on our blog and hopefully will add photos of the house renovation, new floors and other updates. I do have a sneak peek at Elizabeth's nursery...it's not complete, but will be soon. My Mom and Carson will have to finish it up! Back to bed I go...this is already getting old. Need good books, movies and Netflix suggestions.



 

4 comments:

  1. What a crazy day to be put on bedrest! I would suggest doing a little bit of "parenting" reading and a lot of "just for fun" reading...because it's probably going to be a while before you have time to read for fun again. "Grace Based Parenting" by Tim Kimmmel and "Bright Fro the Start" by Jill Stamm are both good parenting reads.
    "Downton Abbey" is my number one Nextflix recommendation! If you've already watched it (and you liked it), then you might also like the miniseries "North and South".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! Thanks so much! I am starting Downtown Abbey today and will download those books on my Nook as well! :-)

      Delete
  2. Girl, you hang in there and take care of yourself. I agree -- go for the fun reads now, while you still can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete